SPIRIT FRIDAYS in JANUARY 2021
Food Service Information – Meal Distribution Sites
● Please visit this website to find the closest distribution site near you: https://www.phila.gov/food/
● Each box contains seven breakfasts and seven lunches. Check out sample boxes on our website: https://www.philasd.org/foodservices/
In addition to developing ways to increase participation, we are making a few noted additions to our program.
● We now offer six pieces of fresh fruit each week.
● December 18th distribution, we will start to offer a five-day supper meal box of fresh sandwiches.
● January 15th, 2021 we will open an additional 41 locations for a total of 103 distribution locations across the city.
Internet Access Options for Families
K8 Campus Parent Stepper – p. 17
Parents/Guardians who do not yet have a Parent & Family Portal can register for one by visiting the Office of Family and Community Engagement’s Parent & Family Portal website. Here, you will find a stepper and a brief video that provides instructions on how to register, as well as other resources.
K8 Student Portal Stepper – p. 8
If parents/guardians do not have a Parent & Family Portal they can still review their students’ grades by logging in with their student and following the steppers to review grades
Welcome Back to Solis-Cohen
Philadelphia School District Central Offices
Central Offices will remain operational but still operate remotely.
As a reminder, the Philly HopeLine is available M-F from noon to 9 p.m.
and Saturdays and Sundays from noon to 4 p.m. to provide counseling services
for students, parents and guardians who may need additional support during these difficult times.
Phone or text 1-833-PHL-HOPE (1-833-745-4673)
Message from Dr. Michelina Serianni, Principal
Welcome to Solis-Cohen Elementary School!
Solis-Cohen School serves students in Kindergarten – 5th Grade in the Northeast. Our school represents a diverse population of students, staff, parents and community members who work collaboratively together to achieve high academic success and positive social interactions. As the principal, I am committed to our students to ensure the best path to college and career readiness. I look forward to working together to accomplish our mission!